Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme is an initiative by the West Bengal state government that offers a one-time financial grant of Rs. 25,000 to economically disadvantaged families during the marriage of their adult daughters. This scheme is a significant step towards providing financial support to families with limited means, allowing them to celebrate their daughter’s wedding with dignity and without undue financial strain.
Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme
The Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme, initiated by the Government of West Bengal, India in 2018, is a social welfare program. Its primary objective is to offer one-time financial aid to economically challenged families in the state to support the marriage of their daughters.
This scheme is applicable to female children of families residing in West Bengal, with an annual family income of less than or equal to Rs. 1.5 lakhs.
Qualified families receive a one-time financial grant of Rs. 25,000 specifically for their daughters’ weddings. This sum is directly deposited into the bank account of the girl’s parents or legal guardians.
|Name of the Scheme||Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme|
|Launched in||2018 by West Bengal Government|
|Objective||To offer one-time financial aid to economically challenged families in the state to support the marriage of their daughters.|
|Scheme is Applicable to||his scheme is applicable to female children of families residing in West Bengal having income less then 1.5 Lakhs|
|Financial Grants||Qualified families receive a one-time financial grant of Rs. 25,000|
|When the Scheme can be availed||Scheme can be availed for the marriage of a girl who is 18 years of age or above.|
Feature of Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme
- The scheme can be availed for the marriage of a girl who is 18 years of age or above.
- The Scheme is applicable to female children from families living in West Bengal, with a maximum annual family income of Rs. 1.5 lakhs.
- Qualified families receive a one-time financial grant of Rs. 25,000 for their daughters’ weddings through this program
- The scheme is only applicable to marriages within the state of West Bengal.
- The scheme also encourages girls to continue their education by mandating those girls who have received the benefits of the Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme must have completed at least 10th standard or equivalent education.
Aim of Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme
The goal of the Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme is to extend financial support to economically disadvantaged families, assisting them in covering the expenses of their daughter’s wedding. This initiative has garnered positive feedback in West Bengal, providing significant relief to families that would otherwise face challenges in managing the costs of their daughter’s marriage.
Eligibility for the scheme applies to girls aged 18 and above. Applications can be submitted up to three months prior to the wedding date or within a year after. Each family can avail the scheme for the marriage of up to two daughters.
Benefits of Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme
The Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme extends a range of benefits to economically challenged families in West Bengal. Here are some of the key advantages of the scheme:
- Financial Aid: The scheme offers a one-time grant of Rs. 25,000 to eligible families to support their daughters’ weddings. This alleviates financial strain, particularly for families facing difficulties in meeting wedding expenses.
- Dignified Celebrations: The scheme ensures that girls from economically weaker backgrounds can celebrate their weddings with dignity, free from financial burdens. This contributes to enhancing the social standing of girls and their families in the state.
- Educational Empowerment: The scheme also promotes education among girls by requiring beneficiaries to have completed at least 10th standard or an equivalent level of education. This helps elevate the educational status of girls in the state and fosters gender equality.
- Hassle-Free Application: The application process for the scheme is straightforward, with forms available both online and offline. This streamlines the application process for eligible families, removing bureaucratic obstacles.
- Timely Support: Families can apply for the scheme up to three months before or one year after the wedding date. This ensures that eligible families receive timely assistance for their daughters’ wedding expenses.
In summary, the Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme stands as a commendable initiative, aiming to provide financial aid to economically disadvantaged families in West Bengal for their daughters’ weddings. With a range of benefits including financial support, dignity, educational encouragement, an uncomplicated application process, and timely assistance, the scheme contributes to enhancing the social standing of girls in the state while promoting gender equality.
Eligibility of Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme
his scheme is applicable to any woman intending to get married, provided her application meets the following criteria:
- The scheme is applicable to a female child belonging to a family residing in West Bengal, with an annual family income of less than or equal to Rs. 1.5 lakhs.
- She should be at least 18 years of age and unmarried at the time of submitting her application.
- The intended marriage should be her first.
- She must have been born in West Bengal, or have been a resident of West Bengal for the last 5 years, or her parents must be permanent residents of West Bengal.
- Her family income should not exceed Rs. 1.50 lakhs per annum.
- The prospective groom should be at least 21 years old.
- She should possess an active bank account in her name, for which she is the sole account holder. The bank should have an IFS Code and a MICR code and facilitate e-payments through NEFT.
Some other detailed description on the eligibility criteria for the scheme have been mentioned below:
|Age||Girl must be above 18 year of age|
|Education||Girl must be at least passed 10th Standard or equivalent education|
|Number of Daughters||Families with one or two daughters.|
|Residence||Girls must be the residence of West Bengal|
|Application Timelines||Application needs to be submitted 30 days before the marriage date and up to one year after the marriage date.|
Income certificates, and
Marriage invitation cards or declarations.
The Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme aims to support economically disadvantaged families in West Bengal. Eligibility is determined by various factors such as income, age, education, number of daughters, marital status, and residency. It is crucial for families to thoroughly review the eligibility criteria and furnish all required documentation to qualify for the scheme.
Beneficiaries of Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme
Who are Excluded from Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme?
While the Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme endeavors to offer financial support to economically challenged families in West Bengal for their daughters’ marriages, there are specific criteria that may lead to exclusion from the scheme. Here are the key exclusions:
- Families with Annual Income exceeding Rs. 1.5 Lakhs: The scheme is applicable solely to families with an annual income of Rs. 1.5 lakhs or less. Families surpassing this income threshold are ineligible.
- Families with More Than Two Daughters: The scheme pertains only to families with one or two daughters. Families with more than two daughters are not covered.
- Marriages Conducted Outside West Bengal: The scheme is valid solely for marriages held within West Bengal. Marriages conducted outside the state do not qualify.
- Non-Compliance with Educational Criteria: Beneficiary girls are required to have completed at least 10th standard or an equivalent level of education. Failure to meet this criterion may result in exclusion from the scheme.
- Non-Compliance with Application Documentation: Families must furnish essential documents like birth certificates, identity proofs, income certificates, and marriage invitations or declarations. Non-compliance with these requirements may lead to exclusion from the scheme.
In summary, while the Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme aims to extend financial aid to economically disadvantaged families for their daughters’ marriages, specific conditions may lead to exclusion. It is imperative for families to thoroughly review the eligibility criteria and application requirements before applying for the scheme.
Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme Application Process
The application process for the Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme in West Bengal is straightforward and can be done through online or offline methods. Follow these steps to apply:
Step 1: Collect Required Documents Gather all the essential documents needed for the application, including birth certificates, identity proofs, income certificates, and marriage invitation cards or declarations.
Step 2: Fill out the Application Form Obtain the application form either online or from the nearest office of the Block Development Officer (BDO) or Municipality. Ensure that the form is completed accurately and in its entirety.
Step 3: Attach Required Documents Submit the application form along with all the necessary documents required for the scheme.
Step 4: Submit Application Form Take the completed application form, along with the supporting documents, to the nearest office of the Block Development Officer (BDO) or Municipality.
Step 5: Receive Acknowledgment Slip Upon submitting the application form, an acknowledgment slip will be issued to the applicant. Keep this slip in a safe place for future reference.
Step 6: Receive Financial Assistance If the application is approved, a financial assistance of Rs. 25,000 will be directly transferred to the beneficiary’s bank account. The beneficiary will receive an SMS notification confirming the transfer.
In summary, the application process for the Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme is uncomplicated and can be completed through either online or offline channels. It is crucial to ensure that all the required documents are submitted along with the application form to prevent any delays or potential rejection of the application.
FAQs on Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme
1. What is the objective of the Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme?
Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme aims to provide financial assistance to economically disadvantage families for the marriage of their daughters
2. Who is eligible to apply for the scheme?
Unmarried girls of families having annual income of up to Rs. 1.5 Lakh.
3. What is the financial assistance provided under the scheme?
The financial assistance of Rs 25,000 to the beneficiary families for supporting the expenses of daughters marriage.